Stile is all about three things:
- Helping students find a passion for science and scientific thinking.
- Supporting teachers to help them deliver a world-class science education to their students.
- Working with a group of awesome people.
We're a rapidly growing EdTech Startup; a tight-knit team of 40 highly motivated, hard working and passionate individuals who have come together to make science in schools amazing. We build an interactive, online science resource that is all about looking at the science behind the latest discoveries and news, and showing students how important it is to their lives no matter what they end up pursuing.
What we need
We need a highly motivated, strategic and organised teaching professional who is mission aligned and passionate about supporting and improving science education.
This role might be a little different from what you’re used to in the classroom - this is an account management role where you’ll be on the road, talking to teachers every day and engaging in interesting conversations about the future of science education, and supporting teachers to utilise high-impact teaching strategies in the science classroom.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Visiting schools around NSW, and working closely with them to ensure they’re well supported, getting the most out of Stile and understanding the mission that drives us. It’s your job to ensure that schools love Stile, and want to keep using it year after year.
- Running professional development workshops with teachers to demonstrate how Stile is used effectively in the classroom.
- From time to time you may even find yourself teaching demonstration lessons in order to model a best practice blended learning environment.
- Providing online support to our customers.
- Assisting schools with developing planning documents and aligning their Scope and Sequences to the Stile curriculum.
- Assisting schools with administrative work, such as transposing their existing lessons into the Stile platform.
- Organising and running customer events.
- Traveling to Stile's Melbourne Head Office a few times a year for your own professional development, planning and of course, the holiday party!
A bit about you:
- You have experience teaching in a secondary science classroom or similar environment, and you have a sound knowledge of the science curriculum and modern pedagogy.
- You're eager to learn. Super eager. You soak up feedback and you're constantly thinking about how you could do your job better.
- You're smart and strategic.
- You find a way to get things done.
- You're super personable - you'd rather pick up the phone for a chat over sending someone a text.
- You’re motivated to work autonomously, but love a chance to work collaboratively with your colleagues.
What's in it for you?
- You'll get to work closely with our amazing community of schools and teachers.
- You'll work with an awesome team of people.
- Great salary and benefits.
- Find out more about what it's like to be a part of the Stile team at https://stileeducation.com/careers
The role is NSW based and you’ll be working from home and travelling to schools on a regular basis. Start date can be negotiated, but we are looking for someone to start as soon as possible. We'll host you at our Melbourne office for a couple of weeks before flying you back to NSW for your ongoing role. You are required to have a driver's licence and will be asked to obtain a Working with Children Check.
Applications close Wednesday March 11 at 5pm AEST.