Stile is all about two things:
- Helping tomorrow's leaders find a passion for science and scientific thinking.
- Working with a group of awesome people.
We're a rapidly growing EdTech Startup; a tight-knit team of 40 highly motivated, hard working and passionate individuals who have come together to make science in schools amazing. We build an isnteractive, online science resource that is all about looking at the science behind the latest discoveries and news, and showing them how important it is to their lives, no matter what they end up pursuing.
What we need
We need a fast-learning Customer Support professional with a passion for helping science teachers to deliver brilliant science lessons in schools. Your responsibilities will include:
- Respond to incoming support requests — Stile teachers love the resources on offer, but sometimes they get stuck. You’ll be there to help in their time of need via live chat, email, phone, and occasionally video chat. We’re not a call centre and we don’t follow scripts in our conversations. Our interactions are entirely human and personable.
- Educate teachers on best-practice use of Stile — Speaking with a teacher about a support request is a great opportunity to highlight and explain adjacent features and tools. Your role will be to use this opportunity where appropriate.
- Proactively improve your knowledge of Stile’s features and tools — This will ensure you’re able to resolve as many types of support request as possible.
- Contribute to meeting target service levels for the Happiness Team — These service levels include speed of resolution, user satisfaction and quality.
- Proactively work with colleagues to resolve support requests — You will need to collaborate with our very busy engineering team to resolve more complex issue types.
What you’ll need to bring to the role
- Empathy — Ability to put yourself in the shoes of teachers who are struggling to solve a problem and may be stressed as a result. Ability to communicate this understanding to them and to win their trust that you are going to do your utmost to help them.
- A friendly, calm tone of voice on the phone and on live chat — Ability to quickly build rapport and to reassure teachers seeking help.
- Unstoppable work ethic — Making sure your work hours are highly productive and that your manager knows when you’re need more tasks to do.
- Multi-tasking and priority-setting — Ability to juggle multiple support requests simultaneously and to use your judgement and company guidelines to prioritise them.
- Influencing skills — Able to work with colleagues with diverse personalities and working styles to ensure more complex support requests are resolved promptly and teachers are kept informed during the process.
Skills & Experience
- Typing speed above 40 wpm at 95% accuracy.
- Previous experience in a Customer Support or Technical Support role would be highly regarded.
- Experience working in schools or training organisations highly regarded.
- Recent graduates encouraged to apply.
The role is a full time role. Applicants should note that the working hours may include shifts in the window from 7am-9pm during weekdays and weekends. We service interstate and international customers on different time zones.
Working at Stile
We invest in our people because we believe that great people in a great environment can achive amazing things. People don’t join Stile to have a cushy job; they join to do fantastic things with incredible people. We set high expectations and then help you to exceed them.
That said, there are plenty of “the usual” perks:
- A friendly, fun and informal team environment.
- A modern office in the heart of the CBD.
- Fully stocked kitchen, a home cooked lunch every week, chillout areas, a kickass sound system for after-work events and unlimited coffee.
- Regular social and team-building events for staff throughout the year.
- A commitment to the career development & training of all staff members.