We're a small, tight-knit team passionate about giving kids a great science education. By creating world-class science lessons, coupled with intuitive tools that allow teachers to take advantage of the latest pedagogies, we're hoping to make a big difference on a global scale.
Interested in joining Stile as a software engineer?
We're looking for a senior software engineer to join our team.
About the job
As a software engineer at Stile, you will…
- Design, build, and ship awesome features to teachers and students.
- Work closely with other internal teams and customers to deeply understand their needs.
- Uphold our quality standards through automated testing, code reviews, profiling and debugging, and debating with your new team members about the Right Way™ to do things.
- You've worked with a team and produced something cool.
- You love creating great software, intended for use by humans. You're pretty good at it.
- You care about how software is architected, and have a strong commitment to quality.
- You thrive working on fast moving projects where requirements can change rapidly.
- You understand what's going on under the hood, even if you rarely tinker with it. You understand why that matters.
- When you have an opinion, you're not shy about voicing it.
- You're comfortable tackling a large problem by yourself, all the way from requirements through to delivery. We work together closely as a team, but you'll have the opportunity to take the lead on some projects.
- You get things done.
- You are proudly a nerd at heart.
You probably have a degree in computer science or software engineering, and know a fair bit about at least a few of these:
- HTML5, CSS, and friends. You know how hard it is to work with older versions of IE, and you hate it, but you grumble then wrangle it into submission anyway.
- Ruby (not Rails!).
- AWS, Docker and other infrastructure related pieces.
Working at Stile
We invest in our people because we've seen great people in a great environment achieve some pretty amazing things.
- A friendly, fun and informal team environment.
- A modern office in the heart of the CBD.
- Fully stocked kitchen, a home cooked lunch every week, chillout areas, a kickass sound system for after-work events and unlimited coffee.
- Regular social and team-building events for staff throughout the year.
- A commitment to the career development & training of all staff members.