We are looking for a junior designer with illustration skills who wants to make a positive impact in this world. At Stile, we are about giving kids the thinking skills they’ll need to succeed in life, and help shape the world into a better place! We also love working with a group of awesome like-minded people.
You’ll be working closely with our content and design teams to create the visuals for our science curriculum that clearly and effectively explains the content and concepts. Our content covers the life cycle of stars to plastic pollution in the oceans. The entire world of science is yours to visualise. You’ll primarily be working on content, creating visuals for lessons, interactive simulations, videos and posters but you’ll also get to work on designing interface elements for the app and branding projects.
We're looking for like-minded individuals to help support our growing community of teachers and students.
- Creating graphics and illustrating for our lessons.
- Work closely with the content team on visuals for our lessons. From diagrams, graphic storytelling, posters and interactive experiences.
- Pushing all of the above to the next level. We don’t want someone to come in and just make things (though we want that!), we want someone to challenge our assumptions and elevate us into a world class brand with world class products.
- Actively think of ideas to make our content more creative, fun and engaging.
- Work with the product team on creating new features
- Work on teacher, student and other classroom/learning materials. We accompany our digital product with print work to help teachers plan and teach using Stile, make our lessons more engaging.
- Create, maintain, and evolve visual design guidelines for the Stile brand.
- Create and manage asset libraries for reusable, systematic design.
- Work cross-functionally to define, design and deliver templates and collateral for our marketing, sales, and support teams.
- You're clever.
- You’re a strong all rounder. You have a good eye for layout but you also enjoy drawing and illustration.
- You’re always learning and willing to expand your skills.
- You’re interested in working with and expanding Stile’s visual design language. We aren’t looking to re-brand. We want someone to take the essence of what we have now and elevate and expand on it.
- Some knowledge of web/mobile/interaction design.
- Bonus: you have motion design / animation skills.
- Obstacles are just challenges. You find a way to get the job done.
- You love great design.
- You're constantly thinking about how you could do your job better.
- You’re ready and willing to accept feedback and critique of your work, but also aren’t afraid to defend something when you think it’s right.
- You’re humble, self-aware and have a low ego. We have no interest in egocentric narcissism around here.
What's in it for you:
- A chance to truly use your superpowers to affect change. Tens of thousands of students use Stile every day – and we’re growing.
- You'll work with a team of awesome people.
- Opportunity to work closely with our art and design team, having input into all of the products that we make here at Stile.
- You'll work in our beautiful offices in the CBD. We love our social stuff, so if you’re the kind of person that likes to ‘get amongst it’, awesome. Think annual company ski trips, surf trips, dinners, and other good times.
- The latest computer kit. Tell us what you need and we’ll make sure you’ve got it.
- Great salary and benefits.
Please include a link to your online portfolio or submit a small sample of your work.